Government Notice 66 in Government Gazette 32930 of 5 February 2010
In June 2008, the Department of Labour, amended the Occupational Exposure Control Limit for Silica in from 0,4mg/m3 to 0,1mg/m3 and required all industries handling, manufacturing and producing products that could cause exposure to silica dust to submit bi-annual reports indicating:
- Level of exposure to respirable silica dust
- Number of employees exposed
- Number of samples taken and analysed
- AIA performing the monitoring and evaluation
- Composition of dust
- Concentration of the constituents; and
- Whether they are complying with the OEL for silica, and if not, what steps are being implemented?
The Department of Labour has now published a silica exposure compliance tool to be used by industries reporting the required information.
To download the form click here.